October 25, 2005

Like a Kid in a Candy Store.

A while back I had heard good things about a nearby knit shop, though I didn't know exactly where it was. I had an address, but no concept of where it really was. I mentioned it to K., my now trusty cohort in stash enhancement. We kept talking about someday going to check it out. It was never really an urgent thing to do, as we are lucky to pass by a rather lovely LYS every day in the mall adjoining our office building.

Last week, K. came into work because her husband's co-worker had asked him if K. knew about the yarn store in such-and-such shopping plaza. She put two and two together and deduced that it must be the same one that I had mentioned before. The kicker however was the fact that such-and-such plaza is literally right around the corner from her house ... and she never knew!

So, we finally executed our plans to actually check out the place ... and I swear it took every ounce of restraint not to blow my meager funds in what is probably quite close to being a yarnslut's mecca in these parts. Just what I needed -- more temptation! Still, I was quite good and limited myself to picking up some goodies for my secret pal, nothing more. I just shopped vicariously through K., which is almost as good!

I don't know where all my time is going lately, but I can't say I've had much time for knitting or blogging. But I must be doing something as I've been mad-tired ... and apparently unsuccessfully trying to fight off a cold. Woke up this morning with a slight tickle in my throat and that dry-mouth feeling. I think it's safe to say that now it's a full-fledged sore throat. So, on that note, it's bedtime for me.

No comments: