October 18, 2005

Lapse.

Not much knitting to report as of late. Been kind of crazed with work and life in general, I guess. But I did finish up the alpaca scarf last week. Tried fringe for the first time ... not a bad way to use up the extra yarn! I think it came out quite well.

Fringe close up

It's quite soft and I'm loathe to give it up, but this one was earmarked for another neck from the get-go. So, off it will go to its new home.

Got a bit of reading material yesterday from my SP ... I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. Looking forward to the read. I haven't read it before, so it's a welcome addition to the library. The accompanying card apologized for getting a "movie cover" book. I sense SP, that you are a kindred spirit. Not only am I often wary of screen adaptations of most beloved books, I too am resistant to screen shots adorning my covers. Still, when it's the only copy in print, there's not much to be done. The question now is, do I read the book first, or catch the film?

Speaking of adaptations, I previously commented on the impossibility of there ever being any other Darcy than Colin Firth. I still stand by that, but I did catch a promo of the new movie for the first time tonight and confess I'm a bit intrigued by Dame Judi's portrayal of Lady Catherine...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty scarf! :)