April 14, 2005

The Kindness of Strangers

Being a newbie knitter and even greener blogger, getting a comment from the Village Knittiot who regularly keeps me amused (not to her knowledge until recently) made my day. Phew talk about a run-on sentence. Somehow, I know it's also grammatically incorrect but I'm too lazy to try and figure out how to fix it. Soon, they'll be banging down the doors demanding I return my English degree.

I view knit blogs as a learning tool, and "someday, I'll be able to do that too" inspiration, so I feel this blog has little to offer anyone but myself. So I've happily soaked up your encouragement -- thank you V.K.! I am happy to say that the vest is mostly done, and I'm finishing up the neck ribbing. I tried it on the other day and it's a bit bigger than I thought it would be, but I'm so excited to actually have made a piece of clothing that I can't wait to just finish it! What will ultimately happen to it is yet to be determined, but I'm so psyched to have a completed piece! I'll try and get some pictures up this weekend.

In other news, I am loving, loving, loving the new job. Who'd have thunk I could be happy in private practice? All through law school, I was so adamant about staying in the public sector, refusing to go private. Granted, had we not lost our funding, I wouldn't have been laid off, and I'd probably still be there, but I really did luck out in finding this place. Because they're a small firm, they have a lot of personality, and are as flexible and laid-back as my old office. But paying clients certainly do provide a more, ah, financially stable and viable source of income. Mother Theresa I am not. Anyway, it comes in particularly handy when one has developed a rather insatiable appetite for pretty yarn and sticks.

No comments: