March 31, 2012

Lazy Saturday

Is it just me or are most books these days being published as serials?  I suppose that's all well and good, but it sure does add to the already lengthy "to read" list.  In any event, my chosen series of late are the Flavia de Luce books about the eleven-year old sleuth who's obsessed with poisons.  There's a nostalgic flair about these books partly because they're set in 1950s England and partly because they remind of me of books I enjoyed as a child.  I've been happy to find the eBook editions in my local library's collection, so I've been sneaking in a few pages here and there off my Nook while waiting in courtrooms for my cases to be called.  Sped through the rest of The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag (Book 2) today, hunkered down at home with the cat keeping me company.  Who needs an electric blanket when you've got a sixteen-pound lap cat?


While I hang out on the waiting list for the next book in the series, I'm going old school with a stand-alone paperback, So Much Pretty.

No comments: