July 31, 2011

On the Bandwagon

The Game of Thrones bandwagon, that is. Recommendations for the series came at me from every direction and finally I succumbed to see what all the fuss was about.

The fuss is well-deserved.

So far, anyway.

I'm halfway through A Storm of Swords (Book 3) right now and have spent pretty much every waking free moment I have with the Starks, Lannisters, direwolves and dragons. Unfortunately, things have gotten in the way of my speeding through to the end like oh, say, work (back to back trials - ugh!) and sleep (unfortunately, much needed when doing back to back trials). Sheesh!

Okay, I admit, I did sneak some time in there to go catch the Harry Potter finale and attend the Chicken Inferno, but other than that, haven't been up to much else.

CIXIII06

CIXIII23

On that note, back at it I go. Perhaps when I've gotten through to its current end (Book 5, with two left in the series, publishing date tbd), the HBO series will have made it to Netflix. (I don't have cable).

No comments: