January 02, 2010

Welcome, 2010

It's been awhile since I've been here -- have been a little lacking in motivation and inspiration to blog about anything lately, but with the new year here, I'm gonna give it another go and see where it takes me.

I grew up in a house full of plants, though it wasn't until I first moved out on my own that the lack of them in my apartment made me take notice. Over the years I've attempted to counter the brown thumb bestowed on me at birth and have had mediocre results. But, I keep trying.

For Christmas, my mother gave me an orchid, together with good-luck vibes. Apparently even her green thumb has had some ups and downs with these beauties, so I'm supposed to not feel too bad if I can't keep it up, but I am determined. Maybe 2010 will be my year of the orchid ...

IMG_1195

I need to knit something. My fingers are itching to do so, but I haven't been able to figure out what they're looking for. I've been repeatedly scrolling through my queue and scouring all pattern resources hoping for that magic pull that says "knit me!" to no avail.

Sigh.

I did however finish the Wildflower socks I started last spring so my handknit sock collection is slowly growing. I read somewhere that once you start wearing knit socks it's tough to wear any other kind. It's true. You can't beat the colors sock yarn comes in and they just feel so much nicer on your feet. They are insanely warm and so are perfect for Rochester winters but my body temperature runs too high to wear them any other time of year.

IMG_1162

In the meantime, Pippin has been keeping me entertained with his insatiable need to crawl into any and every box that should come his way. Clearly, his eyeballing skills need work. He seems to think that every box should (and will) fit him.

IMG_1164 IMG_1193


No comments: