March 08, 2009

Spring Is In the Air ...

The temperatures hereabouts have been warming up a little bit, even if only for a few days. The warm winds accompanying the milder climes served as the inspiration for getting these Wildflower Socks started.

IMG_0673

What's more Spring-like than wildflowers and these delightful colors?

I'm not a yarn stasher, really. But. Sock yarn is a different story. If a colorway catches my attention, then I. Must. Have. It. So I confess, impulse-bought sock yarns take up an entire nook in my cubed bookshelf.

When I knit my first pair of socks, I quickly gave them to my mother, thinking that despite being fun to knit, they were way too toasty for my usually warm feet. However, the past winter had me sporting my handknit socks more often as I discovered that they were warmer than any store-bought pair out there. They also became my preferred choice of footwear for shuffling around on the hardwood floors in my apartment.

Who knew - me, a sock knitter!

No comments: