July 22, 2007

No Sleep Till ...

... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is done. Picked up a copy first thing in the morning yesterday at my local Wegman's to take with me to the 9th Annual Chicken Inferno. At the risk of being antisocial, I spent a significant chunk of the afternoon on Hopkins Hill in the sun with the highly anticipated final installment, while other attendees kindly encouraged my retreat into the magical world with nods of understanding and a few longing glances at my sole copy on the Hill.

I wasn't completely immune to the festivities -- after all, there was the food. And the comraderie. And the game of Catch Phrase. And of course once the sun went down, it was all about the Glorious Chicken.

100_1289

100_1295

For a number of other reasons, I ended up not camping out and instead made it a day trip down with friend Kari. We got back into town a little before 1 am, and I hunkered down for a sleepless night for the remaining 500 pages. I finished up a little before 9 am this morning. Don't worry, no spoilers here. I'll save my thoughts on this for a later date. In the meantime, I think I'm going to hit my porch rocking chair for a reread.

No comments: