July 17, 2007

Hogwarts and Then Some

Couldn't wait too long before catching the latest Harry Potter installment, so I caught a viewing over the weekend. The movie was entertaining enough -- but Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favorite thus far. Not sure that I care too much for Yates' direction, and I often questioned the editing as many of the transitions were sloppy and choppy. My friends criticized the adaptation in that it condensed too much, and upon further reflection, I'd have to agree with them. Much was left to conjecture which we of course filled in with our readings (and re-readings) of the novels prior to viewing. When Goblet of Fire came out, I didn't have time to re-read before catching the movie, and waited instead until afterward to fill the memory gaps piqued by the live version. I think the mistake this time around was refamiliarizing myself with the book before the movie. The criticisms aside, there were some good things about The Order of the Phoenix. The casting was spot on. The denouement at the Ministry was well done. All in all, a fun movie. However, as is usually the case -- the book is so much better.

In knitting news, I've been working furiously away at Cozy, and I'm actually getting the sense that it is going to get done.

cozier

There is added motivation for its completion --

mail call

I have not yet opened this package to devour its known contents. In it is the yarn that will become my Summertime Tunic that I am not allowed to start until I finish at least one WIP. I've resisted the urge, though I'm dying to know if the real-life color is what I want it to be.

I close with a blurry shot of this -- the reward from my recent take-out adventure:

fortune

I think this is the first time in a long time that my fortune cookie gave me something other than some lame saying and some lotto numbers. This fortune I intend to see to its fruition.

No comments: