April 13, 2007

Long Time, No Post

Yes, it's been ages since I've been online. That's due mostly in part to the fact that I've been without home internet service for the past couple of months. I'm still without, but that should be changing shortly. I cancelled my internet service after having to call Time Warner yet again for service problems. Given that I was planning on moving soon, I just got rid of it. The move was last weekend, and if I ever find enough time to unpack and get the place set up, then perhaps I'll finally get back into the modern century.

On the one hand, life sans Internet has been killing me, so am gloriously indulging while cat-sitting for my pal Amanda (as well as enjoying the Stanley Cup Playoffs on her cable -- GO SABRES!! -- nice solid win last night). On the other, it was somewhat liberating -- I hadn't realized just how much time I spent in front of my computer on email and surfing the web.

For awhile there, I'd also been uninspired in the knitting arena. I'd find projects I'd want to do, but lacked the motivation to actually go out and get the yarn. Conversely, I was unable to find projects I wanted to do with the yarn I already had. WIPs just had no draw. But the funk seems to have gone and I've been working away at Monkey. The socks may even be done by the time I get around to unpacking and setting up at home.

I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish to get to a playoff game this year. The chances of that happening are slim-to-none, given their availability and the cost of those rarities. However, if anyone happens across an extra ticket and wants to send it my way for a reasonable price ...

No comments: