October 02, 2006

Sock It To Me

Free time has been in high demand and low supply lately, but I finally managed to finish my Jaywalkers!

jaywalkers

Pattern: Jaywalkers
Yarn: Opal Handpainted
Needles: US 2 aluminum dpn

I love them. They fit perfectly. They're too thick to wear with shoes, but I can see these as knockabout socks to wear around the apartment when the cooler weather sets in.

I think I like knitting socks.

I have to say that one of the nice things about football season is that there is some guaranteed knitting time because, well, I must watch my Bills. Today was pretty productive -- by halftime, I had finished swatching, and was casting on for the Hourglass when the second half began. The boys got one for the win column, and for the first time, J.P. Losman impressed me. I hope this means that there are more good things to come, in both football and knitting.

hourglasswip1

I've been wanting to learn how to do Fair Isle for sometime now. In furtherance of such, I apparently decided that the appropriate time to do so was on a Friday night, after having shared several adult beverages with some former co-workers:

FIswatch

Hmm. I wonder if I can do it sober?

No comments: