Tis been awhile since I've posted -- I've been a bit lazy about it, I guess. I am happy to report that I managed to finally finish and gift off these to my friend Alix and her beautiful twin girls.
Pattern: Blossom, MagKnits
Yarn: Shine, Grass, Violet, 4 balls, each dress
Needles: Bamboo US 5 and 3
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but I did run into a few problems with the pattern. The dress is worked in one piece, the back first, and then the two front sides; however, the back is written in inches, with the front portions written in rows -- something I missed in my initial read-through of the pattern. Thus, despite keeping to guage, my first attempt ended up like this:
I had to rip back most of it to figure out the rows, such that the shaping stayed even and matched up front to back. Otherwise, this was a simple knit, and the second dress worked up more or less quickly, after figuring out all the kinks with the first.
Yes, the yarn looks familiar, as it's the same Shine that I've used in several projects so far. The cotton blend seemed ideal for these dresses though, and I love the colors Knit Picks has available for this yarn. Alix was particularly pleased that they were "not pink." What can I say, I aim to please!
Not sure what my next project will be -- have a few WIPs to finish up, but am not feeling particularly drawn to any of them. I've been in mourning since the Sabres' heartbreaking Game 7 loss, and I'm thinking that stash enhancement and a new project might make me feel a little better...