My secret pal is more on the ball than I am, having contacted me before I've had a chance to get these responses up! Looking forward to another round of fun ...
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Yes, I'm a yarn snob, but I don't avoid RH and LB. It really depends on the project and who it's for.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I keep my straights in old wine bottles and those cute glass Orangina ones. My circs are in their original labeled sleeves, which I just keep in a plastic storage box. I have a roll-up for my crochet hooks.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
A little over a year. I guess I'd consider myself an advanced beginner.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Powell's is the only one I ever really update. I'm pretty to easy please, and I prefer the surprise! Whatever you send, I'm sure I'll love!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Jade, jasmine and autumnal spices. Nothing too flowery and heavy.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Dark chocolate is my very good friend.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'd like to relearn how to sew, which I haven't done in years.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don't care for country or opera. Other than that, I'm always looking for good music, across genres.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is blue, but I seem to own a lot of red things -- deep reds. I tend to look more for the richness in color, than color itself.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single. 2006 might be the year to get a cat!
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I am a scarf whore. I love hats, except that I often get too warm with them on. Same problem with mittens! I am all about the fingerless gloves. I do not do ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Fun fur and its ilk.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
No time to obsess! I'm lucky if I can find the time to get everything done!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me when I was a kid. A couple years I ago, I relearned via books and the internet.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
So long, that I don't even know.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Eeyore (a la Sheperd, not Disney).
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
There's so much to learn!
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Beginner sock knitter. I wear a 6 1/2 shoe, and my foot circumference is 8.5 inches.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)