November 20, 2011

Turkey, Already?

I can't believe Thanksgiving is coming up. I've been so busy, yet not really aware of where all my time has been going. Work has had its spurts of insanity and am just coming off quite a hectic run. So little to speak of, though having spent Friday engaged in a day-long CLE [continuing legal education], I did manage to get a good chunk of minor knitting in.

cle knitting 1

Having discovered a nifty knitting-two-at-a-time tutorial over on knitty.com, I had originally thought I could whip up a couple pairs of these really simple handwarmers in a flash. I love this idea of knitting two at a time but after having gotten through the headache of casting on, which if I recall, took me a good whole afternoon, I had difficulty hanging onto the yarns in a way that made sense and keeping my tension. Two handed knitting in this fashion isn't quite the same as double-fisting fair isle and at the end of the day, this was all I had:

IMG_2657

I ended up frogging the very little I had, saving the project for another time. I finally got around to casting on last weekend during a bit of Sunday football, and finished the pair sitting through my CLE. So much quicker doing it the "old-fashioned way"! Oh well. I haven't quite given up on this technique yet, but it's good to know that it's not necessarily a time saver.

I've also been working on these socks which seem to have become my CLE socks. I started them during a CLE I attended last month and they've kind of sat around in my basket as I haven't had a whole lot of time for knitting since I cast them on.

cle knitting 2

I love this pattern. Retro Rib indeed. This pattern is so reminiscent of socks I had in my childhood and the subtle tonal differences in this colorway give it that extra something.

No comments: