September 30, 2007

The Grind.

I love my job. That being said, the past month and a half or so has been quite the grind, with my work day averaging 18 hours -- late nights, early mornings, and weekends to boot. I've been out of touch with family and most friends. Oddly enough, I have been knitting. When I get home from the office at midnight, I've been unwinding with an hour or so of television, and despite general exhaustion, my fingers have been itching. Something about Autumn knocking at the door perhaps woke the dormant knitting bug, though we've had more summer-ish days than I like this time of year. I've been eagerly anticipating starting the Central Park Hoodie, but was determined to finish that damn Cozy first. Never thought it would happen, but I finally finished it. Well, the knitting part of it anyway. It still needs to be blocked, but I'm comfortable procrastinating on that ...

cozy

So anyhow, I'm psyched to start the Hoodie. Initially, I was going to start on the Summertime Tunic -- which was going to be an Autumntime Tunic that is looking more like it's going to be a Wintertime Tunic To Wear Under Things -- but as I was loading up my newish Ravelry queue, the Hoodie grabbed me and moved to the top of my list. After perusing the Flickr and Ravelry sites, like many others I decided to use Cascade 220 and settled on Burnt Orange. I'm in love with this yarn -- it's soft and squishy, and just the color I wanted it to be!

cascade 220 burnt orange cascade 220 swatch

No comments: