After a relatively knitless week, I was more than happy to stay in tonight to get some knit on. I was merrily working away while watching the telly, pretty comfortable with the knit 1, slip 1/purl 1, slip 1 pattern for the woven stitch. Stitch markers broke up the 600 stitches on my needles into more manageable groups so I could keep track of where I was, if needed. I got into a rhythm, and whizzed through the rows ... So, imagine my dismay when getting ready to switch colors, I realized that I had accidentally swapped my stitches around in one of my sections!
So, what should look like this:
instead, looks like this:
Unfortunately, this blunder is clearly noticeable:
I know how to fix a column where there are knits stacked on top of purls, but how to fix them when every other row should be a slip stitch? Argh! What should have been a quick and easy stripy, skinny scarf has now turned into a sad state of affairs. Any tips on how to right this wrong?
I think I need a cookie. Okay, so I was just looking for an excuse to indulge in one of these:
As you all can tell, I've been on a raspberry kick lately. I just couldn't pass these by when I was at Wegmans the other day.
I suppose I could work on something else, like Cozy, which has sort of malingered at the bottom of my knitting bag, or the baby gifts I'm working on for my friend's soon-expected twins, but I so had hopes of whipping this up tonight. Apparently, I jinxed myself!
Sadly, I had no time to spare this week to hit the LYS, or I might have had some Kidsilk Haze of my own so I could start River. I've had my eye on this since my very first Chicks with Sticks meeting when I met Kate, who was sporting her lovely one. Needing to cast on with this stuff after being in such close contact with it last week, I meant to stop in and pick up a few balls. Despite having the LYS right next to work though, it was just that kind of week. Sigh ...