So Korin finally got her last package and SP5 is more or less over ... I'm still waiting to find out who my spoiler was! So, dear SP, I hope you had a great vacation and I can't wait to find out who you are!
And of course, that only means that the next round is ready to begin! So I'm just recycling the old 411 since I can't say I've changed much in the last three months. A little bit of tweaking, and I've made the additions as well.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yes, I'm a yarn snob, but what I will use really depends on the project, who the recipient is, and how wallet is feeling!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Spin, no. Crochet, yes.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I have inconsistent allergies to outdoor stuff. I'm a nonsmoker. Any heavy perfume gives me a headache.
4. How long have you been knitting?
About a year.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Powell's is probably the most current.
*Edited on 9/18/05: Oh, and KnitPicks too, of course!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Jasmine, jade and anything autumnal.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
A whole mouthful.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Nothing else regularly, but I've always been into crafts, generally.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Lame answer alert: I pretty much listen to everything. I have an inclination for Canadian rockers (e.g., The Tragically Hip). Beck is sexy. Louie Armstrong is a god and the Beastie Boys are pure fun. The best live show I ever saw was Tori Amos on her Little Earthquakes tour, with Bruce at MSG a close second. Stephane Grappelli plays a mean jazz violin. I love show tunes. I have a first-generation iPod, that I will someday upgrade, but it still works so I haven't yet.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blue. Also, autumnal palettes. I'm picky about pastels - they have to be the right shade.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Singelton, who's too busy to get a dog, but am contemplating a cat.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Pay off my student loans, buy my parents a condo where they can play golf year round, travel the world in a leisurely fashion, then open up a little book shop-cum-pro bono law practice. Fantasies, dreams, what's the diff? Hee.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Eyelash, fun fur, anything resembling either.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
None. I just go from project to project.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
Stuff for other people!
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Not my style. To each her own.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo, or Addi Turbos.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
Grams a long time ago, and quickly forgotten. Relearned via books and the Net, of course!
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I'm pretty good at finishing things up, but I have this felted bag that I never made handles for and it just sits and sits and sits ...
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Eeyore, a la Ernest Sheperd.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Turkey-day. Yum. Now I want punkin' pie.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Matchboxes and magnets.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Knitting Simple Sweaters with Luxurious Yarns, Hooked on Crochet
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
I'm a 6 1/2 shoe size and I like fun-colored socks!